COMS works hard to support you in your practice. We advocate for you on a state level, and work in conjunction with the American Osteopathic Association to promote osteopathic medicine on a federal level. Earlier this year, COMS and the AOA collaborated on a letter supporting HB5045, a bill that would require any health care provider who provides direct patient care, in a health care facility, to wear in plain view a photographic identification badge that includes the name of the health care provider and the type of license, certificate or employment title that the health care provider holds within the facility or institution.

We encourage you to read our latest legislative update to learn about current issues of importance in Connecticut.

Licensing Information

Need a CT license? Goodbye, Google! Here are the most frequently asked questions and answers we hear about licensing information in the state.

How does one apply for a CT medical license?
Your first stop should be the Connecticut Department of Public Health. This page should answer the majority of your questions, and provides links to online renewal information, fees, and more.

Is the Medical Licensing Board in CT for just DOs, or is it for other health care providers, also?
The licensing board in CT is for all medical, health and environmental practitioners who require a license to practice.

How does one apply for a federal DEA license?
If you do not already have a DEA license, you must contact the DEA.  Use this link also to change your contact information if you already have a DEA number.

How does one apply for a state controlled substance license?
This is required for medical practitioners in CT. The website of the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection provides all the necessary information, including online license verification and renewal.